Week 2 is when we get to see enough of the starters to actually get a read on usage patterns. Fantasy football is largely about identifying guys in line for lots of opportunities and now is when those opportunities start to reveal themselves.
5 players from week 2 of the preseason with the most important showings for fantasy football 2018:
- Rob Kelley – RB – Was: Fit Rob looks quicker than ever with plenty of power still. Even with AP now in the fold, Kelley looks like the guy to own in this backfield and could breakout as an RB2.
- Trey Burton – TE – Chi: Burton is a legit athlete and receiver. The Bears ran a TE screen with him that is very reminiscent of the Chiefs use of Travis Kelce. Burton could be a great lower round TE option.
- Leonard Fournette – RB – Jac: Fournette was productive on running downs and at the goalline versus stout D. He is moving up my rankings and could lead the league in rushing and/or rushing TDs.
- Carlos Hyde – RB – Cle: Hyde looks to have taken control of the Cleveland backfield and the Browns should have enough other weapons to keep Ds from focusing on him. He looks like a nice RB3 option.
- Mike Williams – WR – LAC: Williams inclusion on this list is really just based on one play but what a play it was! He really did look like Randy Moss going up for a TD catch. The Chargers need a big bodied receiver to dominate in the red zone and Williams looks like the best option by a lot.
5 more: Deshaun Watson – B – Hou, James White – RB – NE, Austin Hooper – TE – Atl, Josh Rosen – QB – Ari, Jimmy Graham – TE – GB.