By: Nate Leer
Week 13 is the final week of the regular season so it’s crunch time if you haven’t secured your playoff slot. Here’s the players to start, sit or grab to help you get into the playoffs and maybe once you get there too.
4 Players to start this week:
1. Jordan Howard – RB – Chi vs SF: Howard had a rough game last week but this matchup is at the other end of the spectrum for him. 30 carries is not out of the question and he will find running room.
2. Davante Adams – WR – GB vs TB: Adams has been improving QB Brett Hundley’s favorite target and this is a juicy matchup. Adams is a must start.
3. Josh McCown – QB – NYJ vs KC: McCown has become one of the most consistent fantasy assets this year and one of the best values even at a loaded position. This could be a high scoring affair and McCown stands to benefit from it more than anyone.
4. Kenyan Drake – RB – Mia vs Den: Denver rushing and overall D has been coming back to the pack regarding their ability to shut down opponents. Drake stands to benefit from a lot of touches with Damien Williams out.
Honorable mention: Devontae Booker – RB – Den @ Mia, Jared Cook – TE – Oak vs NYG.
3 Players to bench or cut now:
1. Evan Engram – TE – NYG @ Oak: Ideally you can hold on to Engram to see how this situation with the Giants QBs works out but avoid starting him and cut him if you need the spot.
2. Derek Carr – QB – Oak vs NYG: Carr isn’t the worst start given his great matchup and quality play last week. However, losing his top 2 pass catchers cap his upside and the team might just run Marshawn Lynch a ton, especially if they can shut down QB Geno Smith and the Giants O.
3. Jay Ajayi – RB – Phi @ Sea: Ajayi is at best a bench player and it might be time to cut your losses with one of the biggest busts of the year.
Honorable mention: Frank Gore – RB – Ind @ Jac.
3 Players to grab and stash or stream:
1. Zay Jones – WR – Buf vs NE: Jones is the most talented WR who is healthy for Buffalo and he seems to be figuring out the NFL. He is a threat to score and could rack up lots of yardage late if the Bills are getting blown out. Plus he has some upside going forward as well.
2. Seth Roberts – WR – Oak vs NYG: Both starting WRs are out for Oakland so it falls to Roberts to produce this game. Luckily, Oakland has just enough talent available on O to keep the Giants from focusing too much on Roberts.
3. Ricky Seals-Jones – TE – Ari vs LAR: RSJ is coming off of back to back good games with QB Blaine Gabbert. With Living Legend Larry still threatening D’s and a favored role with his QB, RSJ is a sweet late season breakout candidate.
Honorable mention: Brett Hundley’s – QB – GB vs TB, Cordarelle Patterson – WR – Oak vs NYG.