By: Nate Leer
Week 7 has only 2 teams on bye and zero fantasy studs on those teams. That leaves lots of options to start and is a great opportunity to play the right matchups and put up a big score.
4 Players to start this week
1. Dak Prescott – QB – Dal @ SF: Dak is back from bye and should be able to pick up where he left off before the week off. San Fran is a great matchup so get him back in your lineup as well.
2. Adrian Peterson – RB – Ari @ LAR: Peterson reemerged last week as a fantasy force. The Rams D has been susceptible to the run and no coach is better at getting production from players that look to be past their primes. Start All Day!
3. Mohammed Sanu – WR – Atl @ NE: This is as good of a matchup as a WR can get so Sanu is a great start if you need WR or flex help.
4. Ty Montgomery – RB – GB vs. NO: I expect rookie QB Brett Hundley to dump the ball down a lot and that favors Monty. The Pack will probably try to establish the run against Narlins but if the Saints get a lead, the Pack will have to throw it around a lot.
Honorable mentions: Evan Engram – TE – NYG vs Sea, Jerick McKinnon – RB – Min vs Bal, Mark Ingram – RB – NO @ GB.
3 Players to bench or cut now:
1. Jacoby Brissett – QB – Ind vs Jac: While he has been a decent streamer option, this is not a good week to give Brissett a start.
2. Alex Collins – RB – Bal @ Min: Collins should be avoided against this elite run D. He will split reps with Buck Allen anyway and there will be few running lanes in Minny.
3. Jordy Nelson – WR – GB vs. NO: Nelson is the Pack’s most talented WR but you can bet that he has not had many reps with Hundley.
(Dis)honorable mentions: Philip Rivers – QB – LAC vs Den, Samaje Perine – RB – Was @ Phi.
3 Players to grab and stash:
1. Latavius Murray – RB – Min vs Bal: McKinnon has gotten a of run since the Dalvin Cook injury and has produced big plays. However, Murray was paid to be the lead back and this is an ideal matchup for a big back. He is worth a start if you have a hole to plug.
2. Brett Hundley – QB – GB vs NO: This is a stash play if you need QB help. Hundley has talent and has the opportunity to learn behind the best for years. Grab him and give him time to see how well he does against some decent early matchups.
3. Martavius Bryant – WR – Pit vs Cin: Grab Bryant if he has been cut in your league. There is too much talent here to give up on and this is the point in the season when managers cut bait on players that can help down the stretch.
Honorable mentions: Dion Lewis – RB – NE vs Atl, Taylor Gabriel – WR – Atl @ NE, Josh Gordon – WR Cle vs Ten (could be nearing reinstatement proceedings beginning).