By: Fan Sports Lists Team
Week 6 has just 4 teams on byes with about a half dozen weekly starts out. Dallas RB also had his suspension reinstated so if you own him you may be looking for depth at that spot. The players below can help or be cut to make room for help.
4 Players to start this week:
1. Javorius Allen – RB – Bal vs. Chi: Allen will likely see the bulk of the carries week 6 against the Bears with Terrance West still banged up with a calf injury. The Bears are giving up 114 rushing yards a game. If Allen can reach that and add a TD, it will be a nice week.
2. Cameron Brate – TE – TB @ Ari: Brate has 3 TDs in the last 3 weeks. He will face an Arizona D this week that will have to focus their efforts on stopping Mike Evans and DeSean Jackson on the outside, likely leaving Brate open up the middle to feast.
3. Alvin Kamara – RB – NO vs. Det: With AP traded, Kamara is clearly the most explosive back in Narlins. Add to that his ability to catch the ball which fits well with QB Drew Brees and their horrible D and Kamara is close to a must start..
4. Evan Engram – TE – NYG @ Den: Engram is easily the most talented receiver left for the Giants. If they’re smart, the Giants O will feature Engram in multiple ways. He looks like their best playmaker so they might as well see if he’s a star. Engram’s worth playing based on upside if you need TE help.
Honorable mention: Samaje Perine – RB – Was vs SF, Alex Smith – QB – KC vs Pit.
3 Players to bench or cut now:
1. Eric Ebron – TE – Det @ NO: This should be obvious at this point, the way Ebron has found ways to drop the ball at a high rate this year. He has been a non-factor in the Lions O through 6 weeks. Ebron will have to really do a lot to earn rosterable respect going forward.
2. Ty Montgomery – RB – GB @ Min: Monty has injury issues that could flair up afterany hit even if he does start the game. This is also a tough matchup so find another option.
3. Martavius Bryant – WR – Pit @ KC: Bryant has been pretty silent this yearand now there are rumblings that his role is being reduced. Avoid playing him against KC’s elite D.
Honorable mention: Ezekiel Elliott – RB – Dal (seek a trade if your team is struggling), Eli Manning – QB – NYG @ Den, Terrance West – RB – Bal vs Chi.
3 Players to grab and stash:
1. Will Filler V – WR – Hou vs. Cle: Fuller has piled up 4 TDs in the past 2 weeks and has quickly become a factor in the Houston O. He only has 92 receiving yard this season which is hard to believe. As long as the TD production is there, it’s all good.
2. Adrian Peterson – RB – Ari vs TB: All Day is in a better situation in Arizona. There are still plenty of question marks including whether he has anything left but he’s worth picking up if he is available in your league.
3. Brandon Coleman – WR – NO vs Det: With more good matchups than bad ones the rest of the way, Coleman is worth a look as a bye week fill in with some upside. Coleman’s size makes him a red zone threat every week which is all you’re usually looking for for flex plays if you have players on bye.
Honorable mention: Darren McFadden – RB – Dal, Alfred Morris – RB – Dal. Jamaal Charles – RB – Den.