By: Fan Sports Lists Team
It’s week 4, the last week with no byes. With a full complement of players, fantasy owners can play matchups. The first 3 weeks of the season provide a decent same size to tell which Ds are good or bad.
4 Players to start this week:
1. Joe Mixon – RB – Cin @ Cle: It appears under new OC Bill Lazor that Mixon will continue trending .towards being the featured back in Cincinnati. Jeremy Hill has carried over his ineffectiveness from last season which only bodes well for the rookie. Moving forward Mixon will be worth starting.
2. Eric Ebron TE – Det @ Min: Ebron had a tough week last week with the drops but I anticipate a bounce back week against the Purple. The Vikings are giving up 277 passing yards per game and the Vikings have had a tough time handling opposing TEs.
3. Trevor Siemian – QB – Den vs. Oak: Siemian has looked better this year than last. This matchup with Oaktown is fantasy gold.
4. Devante Parker – WR – Mia vs NO: Parker is living up to his enormous potential this year. If QB Jay Cutler has a big game in this ideal matchup, Parker could blow up.
Honorable mention: Kelvin Benjamin – WR – Car @ NE, Jac – D @ NYJ, Jay Cutler – QB – Mia vs NO.
3 Players to bench or cut now:
1. Jeremy Maclin – WR – Bal vs. Pit: Maclin was held in check in last weeks tilt against the Jags in London and I would expect more of the same this week against the Steelers stout D. The Steelers are only giving up 136 passing yards per game. Explore another option this week if possible.
2. Tyler Eifert – TE – Cin @ Cle: Eifert is out with another back injury. He is droppable in most formats especially since you are likely needing to stream TEs if you don’t have a good backup option.
3. Michael Crabtree – WR – Oak @ Den: Crabtree seemed to be approaching must start status. However, Denver has reestablished itself as the premier D in the league, especially against the pass. Try to find an alternative option and if Crabtree does have a solid week, you know he is a stud!
Honorable mention: Jeremy Hill – RB – Cin, Samaje Perine – RB – Was @ KC, Derek Carr – QB – Oak @ Den, Marshawn Lynch – RB – Oak @ Den.
3 Players to grab and stash:
1. Wendell Smallwood – RB – Phi @ LAC: With the season ending injuries to Darren Sproles, Smallwoods role with the Eagles is going to increase. LeGarrette Blount has not been all that impactful either in an Eagles uniform so if Smallwood can produce early he will become a must add if you haven’t already.
2. Devin Funchess – WR – Car @ NE: Funchess is far from a lock to produce this week but he is worth a look. With TE Greg Olsen on IR and WR Kelvin Benjamin banged up a bit with a knee injury, Funchess should have Cam Newton send a few more targets his way.
3. Rishard Matthews – WR – Ten @ Hou: This is a good time to grab and stash Matthews. If he has a solid week in a tough matchup, he will be a hot commodity next week. Grab him now as he has a string of nice matchups right during the heart of bye season. He could be helpful.
Honorable mention: Taylor Gabriel – WR – Atl vs Buf, Rob Kelley – RB – Was @ KC.