By: Fan Sports Lists Team
It’s week 3 which means the last week before the byes start. That means it is important to identify players to grab now who can help you in the upcoming weeks when you’re short staffed. Of course you also want to win this week and we have the players that can help you do both.
4 Players to start this week:
1. Nelson Agholor – WR – Phi vs. NYG: Aggy has TDs in back to back games and finds himself in a good spot this week against a Giants team that is in shambles right now. If Janoris Jenkins sits out again this week, Carson Wentz should be able to distribute the ball at will. If Agholor strikes again this week he should be on a roster in most leagues.
2. Emmanuel Sanders – WR – Den @ Buf: Sanders seems to be a favorite of QB Trevor Siemian early on and will be a legit start candidate against Buffalo this week. With Demaryius Thomas likely to draw safety help, Sanders should be able to find the endzone again this week.
3. Chris Carson – RB – Sea @ Ten: Last week my advice was to grab Carson and stash him. I almost started him in one league and would have gotten more out of him than the option I went with. Carson’s matchup is okay but his multidimensional talent is starting to show up for the Seahawks. Start him if needed and expect at least 10 points in most formats.
4. Kelvin Benjamin – WR – Car vs NO: Benjamin has been pretty quiet so far this year but the loss of TE Greg Olsen makes Benjamin a likely target monster in a game that should have a ton of passing. Since Benjamin is also a physical monster, look for a big game.
Honorable mention: James White – RB – NE vs Hou, NE – D vs Hou.
3 Players to bench or cut now:
1. Thomas Rawls – RB – Sea @ Ten: Much like Eddie Lacy, Rawls doesn’t seem to be trending towards more snaps. Chris Carson seems to have a firm hold on the job as of now. I can’t even say Rawls is worth a handicap stash at this point.
2. Paul Perkins – RB – NYG @ Phi: Perk is not very good and his O line is bad. He may be worth hanging onto in deeper leagues but do not start him if at all possible.
3. Jordan Howard – RB – Chi vs Pit: Howard appears to be trending towards playing again this week after dealing with a bum shoulder last week. However, everything is stacked against him this week – the injury lingers, Tarik Cohen is stealing lots of reps and Pit is a bad matchup with their high octane O and solid D. Sit Howard for at least week 3.
Honorable mention: Tyler Eifert – TE – Cin @ GB.
3 Players to grab and stash:
1. Detroit Lions – D – Det vs. Atl: This might not be the week to go get and start the Lions D given the opponent. That said, they have played pretty well to the tune of 6 sack, 4 INTs, 1 forced fumble, as well as a punt return for a TD.
2. Jalen Richard – RB – Oak @ Was: Marshawn Lynch will be, and is, the man in Oakland but Richard has shown some breakaway potential in the Oakland O. As solid as Lynch has been in his career, he is still a bit long in the tooth. If Oakland has hopes of running him throughout the playoffs they won’t be likely to give him much more than 20 touches a game.
3. JJ Nelson – WR – Ari vs Dal: With Larry Fitzgerald aging, Nelson is essentially the WR1-B for the Cards. With few other pass catching options, he should be rostered in all leagues and started in many.
Honorable mention: Samaje Perine – RB – Was, Evan Engram – TE – NYG vs Oak, Chris Thompson – RB – Was vs Oak.