B: Nate Leer
Today we honor the members of our military who paid the ultimate price for our freedom and quality of life – like being able to enjoy hobbies such as fantasy sports. Every MLB team plays on Memorial Day in honor of the holiday so there are a lot of games this week. Finding a couple gems can help you win your week.
For the upcoming week, these players can be helpful:
1. Matt Davidson – 3B – ChiW (Available in 93% of Yahoo leagues and 95% of ESPN leagues): The Pale Hose have always looked at Davidson as a high end hitting prospect. 3B has been a tough position to fill this year so he makes a nice plug and play option.
2. Domingo Santana – OF – Mil (69%, 86%): Santana is hot and will have no shortage of ABs with Ryan Braun on the DL. Grab him to replace Braun or just to get a hot stick in your lineup.
3. Matt Andriese – SP – TB (54%, 66%): Andriese is coming off a great start and gets 2 starts this week against mediocre lineups.
4. Tommy Joseph – 1B – Phi (78%, 84%): Joseph is getting his power stroke going and makes for an interesting pickup for owners in need of power production.
5. Ryan Madson – RP – Oak (62%, 88%): Madson is pitching significantly better than closer Santiago Casilla. Grab him now if you are in need of a potential closing option..
Others: Jharel Cotton – SP – Oak (78%, 93%), Martin Maldonado – C – LAA (96%, 94%).