By: Fan Sports Lists Team
Week 14 starts the fantasy playoffs in many leagues or is the last week of the regular season in others. Either way, it is certainly do-or-die time for many fantasy owners. Since bye weeks are behind us, all relatively healthy are available. Now more than ever, playing matchups and anticipating who will be most effected by injuries is the key to winning. With that in mind, check out these players you should be starting, benching or picking up for the stretch run.
7 Players to start this week:
1. Jeremy Hill – RB – Cin @ Cle: It’s a dream matchup for Hill this week against the winless Browns. Last time the 2 teams played, Hill erupted on only 9 rushes for 168 yards. Hill has a few favorable matchups coming up.
2. Matt Forte – RB – NYJ @ SF: The Jets O is far from fluid and Forte should have had a better game against the low end Colts D. Forte should be able to feast this week against the terrible 49ers D who gave up 3 TDs to Jordan Howard last week.
3. Cameron Brate – TE – TB vs. NO: Brate is coming off his highest yardage total of the season as well as adding another TD. He has 4 TDs in the last 7 games and his role seems to grow in the Tampa Bay O every week. He should have another big week this week.
4. Theo Riddick – RB – Det vs. Chi: With an injury to Dwayne Washington last week, Riddick should see even more time. He has been one of the most consistent pass catchers out of the backfield when healthy.
5. Tyler Boyd – WR – Cin @ Cle: Boyd is still looking for that breakout game this year, no better place to find it than in Cleveland.
6. Eric Ebron – TE – Det vs. Chi: Ebron has fairly nice matchups the rest of the way and should have a big impact this week against a D that may have mailed it in.
7. Tyrell Williams – WR – SD @ Car: Williams has been an impact WR for the Chargers and this tasty matchup could give him a chance to really put up big numbers.
Honorable mention: Frank Gore – RB – Hou @ Ind.
6 Players to bench or cut now:
1. Jay Ajayi – RB – Mia vs. Ari: Ajayi has not gone over 80 yards rushing in the last 4 games and has another tough matchup this week against the Cardinals. The Cards are only giving up 97 yards per game rushing this season. Avoid Ajayi for this week if you can and then the schedule will become a little more RB friendly.
2. Jonathan Stewart – RB – Car vs. SD: Stewart has been up and down all year much like the rest of the Carolina O. Stewart will be facing a Chargers D that is only giving up 89 yards rushing per game. If you have Stewart, he does have better matchups moving forward.
3. T.J. Yeldon – RB – Jac vs. Min: Yeldon is dealing with a bit of an ankle injury but that aside, he is facing a tough D this week in the Vikings. The Vikings D is giving up over 100 yards rushing per game but the Jaguars have had no rhythm on offense and that trend will likely continue this week.
4. Rishard Matthews – WR – Ten vs. Den: Matthews has been one of the most pleasant surprises this year. However, the matchup with the Broncos is as tough as it gets. Teams have been successful on the ground vs the Broncos playing right into the Titans forte.
5. Blake Blortles – QB –Jac vs. Min: Fantasy owners were really looking for him to take the next step coming off a nice finish to last season. Unfortunately, it’s time to cut the young passer who has 10 career wins and 11 INTs returned for TDs.
6. Adrian Peterson – RB – Min @ Jac: It is time to cut bait with the former fantasy superstar. If he does come back, it will likely be during week 16 which is usually the championship game. If you are able to get that far with the team you have, do you want to trust a rusty player behind a horrible O-line? I wouldn’t. So, if you need a roster spot, All Day should be all gone.
(Dis)honorable mention: Malcolm Mitchell–WR – NE vs. Bal, Wendell Smallwood – RB – Phi vs Was.
7 Players to plug-in or pick-up if possible:
1. Dwayne Allen – TE – Ind vs. Hou: He had a huge week against a quality Jets D last week. He faces a tougher test this week against Houston, who is giving up 208 yards passing per game. Allen seemed to be a favorite of QB Andrew Luck’s in the red zone, which is a good sign. With TE being a questionable position, Allen could have value going forward in the Colt’s O.
2. Ladarius Green – TE – Pit @ Buf: Ladarius has started to heat up a bit the past few weeks, including a gem last week that included 110 yards and a TD. More importantly, he saw 11 targets on the day. If he is available in your league, he is worth a look.
3. Derrick Henry – RB – Ten vs. Den: Henry is coming off the bye week and should be a decent flex option this week. The Titans will take on a Broncos D that is giving up 122 yards per game. DeMarco Murray is nursing a toe injury so Henry could see some extra work this week.
4. Rex Burkhead– RB – Cin @ Cle: Injuries has put Burkhead 2nd on the depth chart. He has been in the Bengals system for a while and the team seems to trust him. Look for him to be the main pass catcher out of the backfield and get a few carries because of the struggling Jeremy Hill.
5. Juwan Thompson – RB – Den @ Ten: The Broncos signed Justin Forsett to help struggling rookie DeVontae Booker. However, look for Thompson to be heavily involved the next couple of weeks.
6. Jacquizz Rodgers – RB – TB vs. NO: Rodgers returned from injury last week and should contribute down the stretch with 2 matchups against the Saints and 1 against the Cowboys.
7. Robbie Anderson – WR – NYJ @ SF: Anderson seems to have some dirt on probable Jets starting QB Bryce Petty seeing how Petty continually targeted him last week. Now they face another bad D so Mr. Anderson is worth a shot if Petty starts and you need a WR or flex player this week.
Honorable mention: Dontrell Inman – WR – SD @ Car.