By: Fan Sports Lists Team
Byes and injuries have depleted the talent this week particularly for RBs. We have some options to consider for plug-and-play guys as well as who to bench and who to start this week.
7 Players to start this week:
1. Derrick Henry – RB – Ten @ Chargers: DeMarco Murray is a bit iffy for this weekend with a toe injury. If he doesn’t play, Henry becomes a very good start against a Chargers D that has not given up a lot of yards on the ground but have given up plenty of TDs. Even if Murray plays, Henry could still be a productive player in a week with lots of RBs on bye or hurting.
2. Trevor Siemian – QB – Den @ Oak: Siemian has had an up-and-down season but expect an up this week against the worst pass D in the league and an O that should force the Broncos to pass a decent amount.
3. Charcandrick West– RB – KC vs. Jax: With Jamal Charles landing on IR this week and Spencer Ware still in the concussion protocol, West could get the bulk of the carries for the Chiefs.
4. Tim Hightower – RB – NO @ SF: Can’t believe we’re actually recommending this guy who has the lateral quickness of an 80 year old with 2 hip replacements. However, Mark Ingram can’t seem to hold on to the ball so Hightower should at least get the goal line carries against a very average D.
5. Darren Sproles – RB – Phi @ NYG: He was the every down back last week and is usually good for 5 catches or so. Philly looks to get the ball in Sproles hands in any way possible and should do the same against another division opponent this week.
6. Jay Ajayi – RB – Mia vs. NYJ: Although this is not a favorable matchup for Ajayi, how do you bench him? He is coming off a bye last week and the 2 weeks prior he rushed for over 400 yards. With numbers like that I find it hard to bench him. He will be tested against a stout Jets defense that is only giving up 74 rush yards per game.
7. Eric Ebron – TE – Det @ Min: If you need a TE to plug-and-play this week with the likes of Gronk. Eiffert and Reed on bye, Ebron could be the man. The Vikes D has regressed since their bye a couple of weeks ago and Bears TE Zach Miller just gashed them for 7 catches and 88 yds. Ebron could do the same or better.
Honorable mention: Mohammed Sanu – WR – Atl @ TB
6 Players to bench or cut now:
1. Ryan Matthews – RB – Phi @ NYG: The Giants have a decent run D and Matthews has become entirely TD dependent for any value. He is even cut-able in some leagues.
2. Derek Carr – QB – Oak vs. Den: Carr was unbelievable last week but faces a tough match-up this week against the leagues best pass D. Hopefully you have another quality option with a much better match-up to play this week.
3. Mark Ingram – RB – NO @ SF: Sean Payton seems to have lost all trust in the highly over-valued RB in a pass-first O.
4. Golden Tate – WR – Det @ Min: With TE Eric Ebron and RB Theo Riddick healthy again look for his targets to decrease.
5. Russell Wilson – QB – Sea vs. Buf: He has struggled all year and hasn’t topped 12 points in the last 5 weeks. Also, the Bills D has been very good against opposing QBs.
6. T.J. Yeldon – RB – Jac @ KC: Kansas City his only giving up 92 rush yards per game this year so that is a big negative right out the gate. That, coupled with the fact that Jacksonville has not been able to sustain any sort of rushing attack this season, means that if you have better options, please explore them.
Honorable mention: Chris Ivory – RB – Jac @ KC
7 Players to plug-in or pick-up if possible:
1. Kapri Bibbs – RB – Den @ Oak: Bibbs is the number 2 RB on team that loves to run the ball a lot. Handcuff him to Devontae Booker or grab him if you have an extra roster spot and see if he gets a chance at some point.
2. Antone Smith – RB – TB vs. Atl: He has had some success in the NFL and is extremely fast. He and Peyton Barber are the only 2 RBs healthy for Tampa this week and he should be a viable option in the passing game as well.
3. James Starks – RB – GB vs. Ind: Speculation has Starks being back next week and he would immediately be the starter. He is a guy to pick up and stash for the fantasy playoff run.
4. Dorial Green-Beckham – WR – Phi @ NYG: DGB had his best game of the year last week. He has all the tools – big, fast and strong – and looks like he is figuring out how to play the position. Wentz to DGB might be a combination for a long time in Philly.
5. Ty Montgomery – WR/RB – GB vs. Ind: If Montgomery can go this week he could be in for a treat going up against the Colts defense. The Colts are giving up 114 rushing and 287 receiving yards per game respectively. Wait to see is he will be a go Sunday.
6. Nick Foles – QB – KC vs. Jac: Foles will start in the place of injured Alex Smith. Foles will have a beat-up backfield to work with so he should have a chance to find success through the air against a Jacksonville defense that is giving up 224 yards passing per game.
7. Kenny Stills – WR – Mia vs. NYJ: Stills could be a sneaky plug-and-play WR this week. Stills will be working against a Jets defense that is allowing 289 yards per game through the air. If the Jest shut the run game down early it could be a big day for Dolphin’s receivers.